Turbocharged Strategic Thinking:
Ideas & Tools for Moving Forward
Nike’s “just do it” slogan is catchy and encouraging. But if we want to apply it in the workplace, we’d be wise to add a few words: “Think first and then just do it.”
If you agree, this workshop is for you. It’s all about strategic thinking and building your strategic skill set. It takes a practical approach, delivering ideas and tools for working smart (and fast) as you plan ahead and make decisions.
In busy workplaces, it’s easy to get caught up in today: today’s workload, today’s challenges, today’s decisions. Wouldn’t it be great to have this day-to-day agility while also doing some long-range thinking and practical planning?
Attend this workshop and you’ll learn how to make it happen.
Intended for: Leaders, managers, supervisors
Available formats: Half day and full day
Why is strategic thinking so important? When strategic thinking is rarely done and people operate with a day-to-day mindset, bad things can happen: decisions get made in a vacuum, people start working at cross purposes, opportunities are missed, and everything can stay the same while everything else in the world keeps changing. When strategic thinking is a part of how we operate, what we do day to day makes more sense, we know what to do differently and why, we feel more sure of our decisions and next steps – and best of all, we make better decisions and take smarter action. It’s not the Holy Grail, but it’s pretty close!
- Read the future: Get smarter at reading trends, changes, risks, opportunities, and other developments that have an impact on what you do and how you do it.
- Ask crucial questions: Learn five big questions that will help you get beneath surface observations – so you can understand what’s really going on in a given situation, and what it means for changing up what you should do going forward.
- Make well-informed decisions quickly: Discover a proven approach for thinking strategically without getting bogged down in endless analysis.
- Power improvement: See how strategic managers use learning to power improvement – in order to build the capabilities of themselves, their employees and teams, and the overall organization.
- Make it visible: Add charts, maps, and other visuals to your toolkit, so you can literally see what’s happening when you analyze situations and make decisions.
- Leverage that internal talent: Find your biggest opportunities for making the most of staff know-how in order to address – and even create – the future.
Wrapping up with a plan: Toward the end of the session, participants pinpoint their most important discoveries – and decide how they will put their new ideas and tools to work. This wrap-up segment ends the session on a practical action note.
Are you planning to develop or refresh a strategic plan in the near future? If so, this session is an ideal starting place. People who attend the workshop first will bring important knowledge, skills, and tools to the planning process.
For more information: Click to send a note, or call 614-571-9529.